Around 5am the train stopped.

Previously I'd been told it was a non-stop service to Beijing.

I thought we'd only be in Beijing around 7am, but I started packing just in case, since if it was non-stop, it was logical we were probably in Beijing.

We weren't.

Around 6.30 I noticed snow outside. Brr!

I thought we must have been nearly back in Beijing by now, but I thought it wasn't snowing in Beijing. Well, hopefully not, anyway, not being one who likes the cold.

At 7, Arriahne messaged me to say she'd sorted out my passport. They were going to send it to the embassy in Beijing, and it would take two to three days.

That sounded pretty strange to me, but worse, three days would be too late for my flight. Which would it be??

Passed another coal-fired power station.

By 7.30am, there was no snow on the ground, thankfully, but it still looked really cold.

Labels: , , ,